Universal crash guard
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
- Motorcycle crash guards vary in design, depending on the motorcycle involved and their full purpose.
- In general, they provide a metal bar that sticks out past the motorcycle, which helps prevent it from falling completely over in an accident.
- Motorcycle crash guards may not reduce your overall risk of an accident, but they can decrease the severity of the injuries that you may sustain in a serious accident.
- Crash bars, also known as freeway bars, engine guards, or highway bars, offer some degree of protection to riders in an accident.
- Motorcycle crash guards typically require metal construction.
- They include chrome-plated stainless steel, a strong, durable metal that can support a great deal of weight in an accident.
- Other manufacturers use aluminum or mild steel in the construction of their engine guards.